BOOM!'s 'BRZRKR' to Rage on Netflix; Keanu Reeves Set to Star and Produce
Mar 22, 2021
Netflix has acquired the rights to the BOOM! Studios comic book BRZRKR and will first adapt the story into a feature film followed by an anime spinoff series. The anime series will further expand the BRZRKR universe by exploring different elements of the story. In the series, Reeves will reprise his role and voice his character.
BRZRKR is created by Keanu Reeves, written by Reeves and New York Times bestselling writer Matt Kindt, and illustrated by famed Marvel artist Ron Garney with colors by Bill Crabtree, letters by Clem Robins, and character designs and covers by Rafael Grampá
BRZRKR originated from an original idea Reeves had been developing for a number of years. It's a brutally epic saga about an immortal warrior’s 80,000 year fight through the ages. The man known only as “B" is half-mortal and half-god, , cursed and compelled to violence… even at the sacrifice of his sanity. But after wandering the earth for centuries, B may have finally found a refuge – working for the U.S. government to fight the battles too violent and too dangerous for anyone else. In exchange, B will be granted the one thing he desires – the truth about his endless blood-soaked existence…and how to end it.
This is a 12-issue limited series published by Boom! Studios, with the first issue having launched on March 3, 2021. The inaugural issue has already sold over 615,000, making it the highest-selling launch in almost thirty years.
Keep an eye out for further developments on the BRZRKR Netflix adaptations in the future. Fans looking forward to the movie will have to wait a bit, it sounds like production won't start until Keanu Reeves finishes working on John Wick 4, which is beginning production this spring.
BRZRKR Comics Available to Order Now
* The man known only as Berzerker is half-mortal and half-God, cursed and compelled to violence...even at the sacrifice of his sanity.
* But after wandering the world for centuries, Berzerker may have finally found a refuge - working for the U.S. government to fight the battles too violent and too dangerous for anyone else.
* In exchange, Berzerker will be granted the one thing he desires - the truth about his endless blood-soaked existence... and how to end it.
NOTE: This is for Mature Readers
* But is Diana here to help him... or is she serving a darker agenda?
* Meanwhile, the mysterious Caldwell makes his next move to take advantage of this information - and put his master plan into motion.
* The last piece of B.'s tragic origin and the fate of his parents are revealed as Diana continues unearthing his memories, prompting a new mission in the present day.
* Will this one unlock the mystery that is his existence? Or will B. be cursed to wander the Earth forever?