PREVIEWSworld Devour The DEAD Giveaway Official Rules
Nov 06, 2013
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND UPON TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is PREVIEWSworld and its affiliated company, Diamond Comic Distributors (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
2. PRIZES: The prize of the Sweepstakes consists of the following: (1) One Grand Prize Winner will receive: one Monopoly: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX signed by Robert Kirkman! (ARV, $140.00), one Risk: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX (ARV, $49.99), one Walking Dead Compendium TP Vol 1 (ARV, $59.99), one Walking Dead Compendium TP Vol 2 (ARV, $59.99), one Walking Dead Rick Grimes Bust Bank (ARV, $22.99), one POP Walking Dead The Governor Vinyl Figure (ARV, $10.99), one POP Walking Dead Michonne & Her Pets PX Vinyl Figures (ARV, $26.99).
(1) First Prize Winner will receive: one Monopoly: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX (ARV, $39.99), one Risk: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX (ARV, $49.99), one Walking Dead Zombie Pet Bust Bank (ARV, $22.99), one POP Walking Dead Prison Rick Vinyl Figure (ARV, $10.99), one POP Walking Dead Michonne & Her Pets PX Vinyl Figures (ARV, $26.99).
(1) Second Prize Winner will receive: one Monopoly: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX (ARV, $39.99), one Risk: The Walking Dead Survival Edition PX (ARV, $49.99).
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) separate ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period: (1) Online Entry: Go to the PREVIEWSworld.com web site (“Web Site”). The Web Site will contain a description of the Sweepstakes and the official newsletter signup. Complete the newsletter signup and the Entrant must fill in all the required information for the entry to be eligible. Subscribers will receive PREVIEWSworld.com news, sweepstakes announcements, and occasional requests to update their subscriber profile via e-mail. Subscribers may unsubscribe from the PREVIEWSworld.com newsletter at any time. (ii) Mail-In Entry: Print your name, complete address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3” x 5” card and mail it with proper postage to: PREVIEWSworld Devour The DEAD Giveaway 10150 York Road, Suite 300 Hunt Valley, MD 21030. With regard to online entries, in the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for postage-due or lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. For mail-in entries proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and worldwide who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective state/province/territory/country of residence as of May 30th, 2012. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after May 30, 2012 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, provision of prizes, or drawing of winners for this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: A representative of Sponsor will select the winner randomly. The winners will be selected and notified on or about December 5, 2013. The winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within five (5) days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these Official Rules. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner.
To claim the Prize, the winner must:
(a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email or telephone call; and may be required to complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor)
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on November 8, 2013 at 1:00 p.m Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends November 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”). All entries must be received online by 11:59 p.m ET on November 30, 2013. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2013 and received no later than December 3, 2012 to be eligible for the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Sweepstakes.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Sweepstakes, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Sweepstakes, you forever release, indemnify, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Released Parties from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes;(b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right ; and/or (c) from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after December 5, 2013, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld Devour The DEAD Giveaway” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld Devour The DEAD Giveaway” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 10150 York Road, Suite 300, Hunt Valley, MD 21030. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.