Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is PREVIEWSworld and its affiliated company, Diamond Comic Distributors (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste. 300, Timonium, MD, 21093.
2. PRIZES: The prize of the Contest consists of the following: (1) One Grand Prize winner will receive: 4 pack of IMAX movie ticket vouchers, One Amazing Spider-Man movie poster, One Spider-man T-shirt, One Spider-Man video game, One of each of Diamond Select Toys'official Marvel Select Spider-Man and Lizard Movie actions figures, and One randomly selected Spider-Man Trade Paperback. (1) One First Prize winner will receive: 2 pack of IMAX movie ticket vouchers, One Amazing Spider-Man movie poster, One of Diamond Select Toys' official Marvel Select The Amazing Spider-Man Movie action figure, and One randomly selected Spider-Man Trade Paperback. (1) One Second Prize Winner will receive: One official The Amazing Spider-Man Movie action figure from Diamond Select Toys and One Amazing Spider-Man movie poster. The winner is not permitted to substitute the prize for its cash equivalent. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any product of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) separate ways to enter the Promotion during the Promotion Period: (1) Online Entry: Go to the PREVIEWSworld.com web site. The Web Site will contain a description of the Promotion and the official newsletter signup. Complete the newsletter signup and the Entrant must fill in all the required information for the entry to be eligible. Subscribers will receive PREVIEWSworld news, sweepstakes announcements, and occasional requests to update their subscriber profile via e-mail. Entrants will also be signed up for the IMAX newsletter. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time. (ii) Mail-In Entry: Print your name, complete address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3” x 5” card and mail it with proper postage to: PREVIEWSworld The Amazing Spider-Man IMAX Sweeps 1966 Greenspring Drive Timonium MD 21093. With regard to online entries, in the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for postage-due or lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. For mail-in entries proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the 50 United States and Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective state of residence as of April 30, 2011. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after April 30, 2011 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: A representative of Sponsor will select the winner randomly. The winner will be selected and notified on or about July 12, 2012. The winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner.
To claim the Prize, the winner must:
(a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email or telephone call; and complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor)
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on June 27, 2012 and ends July 10, 2012. All entries must be received online by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 10, 2012. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 9, 2012 and received no later than July 11, 2012 to be eligible for the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Sponsor Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Sponsor Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after July 10, 2012, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld The Amazing Spider-Man IMAX SWEEPS” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste 300, Timonium, MD 21093.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld The Amazing Spider-Man IMAX SWEEPS” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste 300, Timonium, MD 21093.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.