Now Playing in IMAX and other theatres, The Dark Knight Rises brings director Christopher Nolan's take on the story of Batman to its end. PREVIEWSworld and IMAX are celebrating the long-awaited blockbuster's release by giving away tickets to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX theatres along with t-shirts, posters, collectibles, and more tied to the film!
To enter the PREVIEWSworld/IMAX The Dark Knight Rises Sweepstakes, just sign up for the PREVIEWSworld e-newsletter, where each week you'll be the first to find out what's coming to comic shops that week, comic book previews, creator interviews, and more exclusive contests for you to win great prizes!
Grand Prize Winner:
Receives one 4-pack of IMAX Ticket Vouchers (ARV $84); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX Poster (ARV $10); one The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack ($10); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX T-shirt (ARV $10); one “The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy” [hardcover] (ARV $40); and one The Dark Knight Rises Bane Bust from DC Collectibles (ARV $80).
First Prize Winner:
Receives one 2-pack of IMAX Ticket Vouchers (ARV $42); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX Poster (ARV $10); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX T-shirt (ARV $10); and one The Dark Knight Rises Bane Bust from DC Collectibles (ARV $80).
Second Prize Winner
Receives one official The Dark Knight Rises IMAX Poster (ARV $10) and two randomly selected Batman trade paperbacks (ARV $30).
For complete contest entry details, see our Official Rules below.
IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND UPON TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (D.C.) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE/PROVINCE/TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is PREVIEWSworld and its affiliated company, Diamond Comic Distributors (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste. 300, Timonium, MD, 21093. Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. and IMAX Corporation and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
2. PRIZES: The prize of the Sweepstakes consists of the following: (1) One Grand Prize winner will receive: one 4-pack of IMAX® Ticket Vouchers (ARV $84); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX poster (ARV $10); one The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack ($10); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX T-shirt (ARV $10); one “The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy” [hardcover] (ARV $40); and one The Dark Knight Rises Bane Bust from DC Collectibles (ARV $80). (1) One First Prize winner will receive: one 2-pack of IMAX Ticket Vouchers (ARV $42); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX poster (ARV $10); one The Dark Knight Rises IMAX T-shirt (ARV $10); and one The Dark Knight Rises Bane Bust from DC Collectibles (ARV $80). (1) One Second Prize Winner will receive: one "The Dark Knight Rises" poster (ARV $10), and two randomly selected Dark Knight Rises trade paperbacks (ARV $30). Total Prize ARV: $426 (USD). Diamond Comics Distributors and IMAX Corporation are “Prize Providers” for this sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) separate ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period: (1) Online Entry: Go to the PREVIEWSworld.com web site (“Web Site”). The Web Site will contain a description of the Sweepstakes and the official newsletter signup. Complete the newsletter signup and the Entrant must fill in all the required information for the entry to be eligible. Subscribers will receive PREVIEWSworld news, sweepstakes announcements, and occasional requests to update their subscriber profile via e-mail. Entrants will also be signed up for the IMAX newsletter. Subscribers may unsubscribe from the PREVIEWSworld and IMAX newsletters at any time. (ii) Mail-In Entry: Print your name, complete address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3” x 5” card and mail it with proper postage to: PREVIEWSworld / IMAX The Dark Knight Rises Sweeps 1966 Greenspring Drive Timonium MD 21093. With regard to online entries, in the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as long as that person meets all other eligibility requirements in these "Official Rules". The registered account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned the submitted e-mail address by the relevant Internet service provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With respect to any winning entry, the winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the person is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. No third party entry or entry through a sweepstakes service is permitted. Only eligible entries actually received in compliance with the Promotion Period, will be included in the drawing for prizes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an online entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information upon entrant’s clicking on the “Submit” button or when the Sponsor receives the entrant’s entry form at the address above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a "thank you" message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual using such a method. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for postage-due or lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. For mail-in entries proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. The Web Site's database clock with be the official time keeper for this Promotion. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective state/province/territory of residence as of July 20th, 2012. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after April 30, 2011 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, provision of prizes, or drawing of winners for this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: A representative of Sponsor will select the winner randomly. The winner will be selected and notified on or about September 12, 2012. The winner will be notified by mail, e-mail or telephone. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within three (3) days after it attempts to notify the winner, Sponsor will select a new winner according to these Official Rules. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner. All Canadian prize winners will be required to correctly answer a time limited skill testing question.
To claim the Prize, the winner must:
(a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email or telephone call; and may be required to complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor)
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on August 3, 2012 at 10amEastern Time (“ET”) and ends August 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”). All entries must be received online by 11:59 p.m ET on August 31, 2012. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2012 and received no later than September 6, 2012 to be eligible for the Promotion. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. and IMAX Corporation and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Sweepstakes.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Sweepstakes, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Sweepstakes, you forever release, indemnify, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Released Parties from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes;(b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right ; and/or (c) from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after August 10, 2012, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld / IMAX The Dark Knight Rises SWEEPS” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste 300, Timonium, MD 21093.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “PREVIEWSworld / IMAX The Dark Knight Rises SWEEPS” c/o Diamond Comic Distributors, 1966 Greenspring Drive Ste 300, Timonium, MD 21093. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
The Dark Knight Rises ™ & © 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Batman and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
IMAX® is a registered trademark of IMAX Corporation.